We believe that each employee contributes directly to Odyssey Rehabilitation’s growth and success, and we hope you will take pride by becoming a member of our team. Our growth and success is directly related to the care you provide to our customers. Odyssey Rehabilitation doesn’t just offer jobs, we offer the potential for long-term growth in a career that allows you to make a difference in every day. Your successes are company successes.
PRN Physical Therapist for Fairmont, WV
Odyssey Rehabilitation – Bridgeport, WV
The Physical Therapist organizes and conducts physical therapy programs for the agency to facilitate rehabilitation. He/she directs client participation in selected tasks to restore, reinforce, and enhance performance. In addition, the Physical Therapist facilitates the learning of those skills and functions essential for promoting independence and productivity, in order to diminish or correct pathology. He/she directs activities to promote and maintain health.
0-40 hours/week; Scheduled as needed based on caseload and Therapist’s availability.
Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) Setting
- Evaluates clients, develops appropriate treatment goals and methods, implements the physical therapy treatment plan, and completes all related documentation and record keeping regarding these services. Services include application of therapeutic techniques in areas such as gait, ambulation, muscle strength, coordination, endurance, mobility, posture control, sensory awareness, sitting and standing skills, balance and orientation. Designs and fits adaptive devices and trains clients in the use of adaptive devices including splints and orthotics.
- Designs and fits adaptive devices and trains clients in the use of adaptive devices including orthotics and prosthetics.
- Selects physical agent modalities suited to the individual’s needs, physical capacity, mobility activities and diagnosis.
- Consults with other members of the rehabilitation team to select the most appropriate therapeutic regimen consistent with the needs and capabilities of each client.
- Instructs client in the skills and techniques required for participation in mobility activities, and evaluates client progress, attitudes and behavior as related to Rehabilitative potential.
- Adapts program according to the needs of individual client.
- Promotes a safe environment and enforces the elimination of fire and safety hazards.
- Attends and contributes to client care, staffing conferences and other related meetings.
- Supervises supportive personnel in accordance with state and professional standards.
- Conducts training programs and participates in training medical, nursing and other personnel in physical therapy techniques and objectives.
- Orders supplies and equipment as necessary.
- Cleans, maintains, identifies, and reports the need for repair of equipment as necessary.
- Puts customer service first: ensures that residents and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals’ needs and rights.
- The Physical Therapist must be a graduate of a physical therapy curriculum accredited jointly by the Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association and the American Physical Therapy Association and certified by the American Physical Therapy Association under its requirements.
- He/she must be able and willing to practice physical therapy per state guidelines.
- Must possess good organizational and time management skills.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- PRN Employees are not Benefit Eligible