We believe that each employee contributes directly to Odyssey Rehabilitation’s growth and success, and we hope you will take pride by becoming a member of our team. Our growth and success is directly related to the care you provide to our customers. Odyssey Rehabilitation doesn’t just offer jobs, we offer the potential for long-term growth in a career that allows you to make a difference in every day. Your successes are company successes.
PRN Occupational Therapist for Clarksburg, WV
Odyssey Rehabilitation – Bridgeport, WV
The Occupational Therapist organizes and conducts occupational therapy programs for the agency to facilitate rehabilitation. In addition, he/she directs client participation in selected tasks to restore, reinforce, and enhance performance. The Occupational Therapist facilitates the learning of those skills and functions essential for adaptation and productivity, in order to diminish or correct pathology.
0-40 hours/week; Scheduled as needed based on caseload and Therapist’s availability.
Long Term Care (LTC) Setting
- Evaluates clients, develops appropriate treatment goals and methods, implements the occupational therapy treatment plan, and completes all related documentation and record keeping regarding these services; this includes application of therapeutic techniques in areas such as cognitive skills, muscle strength, coordination endurance, mobility, perceptual abilities, sensory awareness, sitting and standing tolerance, balance, activities of daily living, joint protection, work simplification, orientation, and psychological functioning.
- Designs and fits adaptive devices and trains clients in the use of adaptive devices including splints and orthotics.
- Selects appropriate activities suited to the individual’s physical and mental capacity, intelligence level and interest.
- Consults with other members of the rehabilitation team to select the most appropriate activity program consistent with the needs and capabilities of each client.
- Instructs client in the skills and techniques required for participation in activities and evaluates client progress, attitudes, and behavior as related to rehabilitative potential.
- Adapts program according to the needs of individual client.
- Attends and contributes to client care, staffing conferences and other related meetings.
- Conducts training programs and participates in training medical, nursing and other personnel in occupational therapy techniques and objectives.
- Requisitions supplies and equipment as necessary.
- Cleans, maintains, identifies and reports the need for repair of equipment as necessary.
- Supervises supportive personnel in accordance with state and professional standards.
- Puts customer service first: ensures that residents and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals’ needs and rights.
- The Occupational Therapist must be licensed and/or eligible for licensure as required in the state of practice.
- He/she must be a graduate of an occupational therapy curriculum accredited by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy.
- He/she must be able and willing to practice occupational therapy per state guidelines.
- Must possess good organizational and time management skills.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- PRN Employees are not Benefit Eligible