We believe that each employee contributes directly to Odyssey Rehabilitation’s growth and success, and we hope you will take pride by becoming a member of our team. Our growth and success is directly related to the care you provide to our customers. Odyssey Rehabilitation doesn’t just offer jobs, we offer the potential for long-term growth in a career that allows you to make a difference in every day. Your successes are company successes.
Part-time Speech Language Pathologist for Lewisburg, WV
Odyssey Rehabilitation Corporate Office – Bridgeport, WV
The Speech/Language Pathologist organizes and conducts speech/language programs for WVTS to facilitate rehabilitation. He/she directs client participation in selected tasks to restore, reinforce, and enhance performance. Also, the Pathologist facilitates the learning of those skills and functions essential for communication and swallowing, to diminish or correct pathology. He/she directs activities to promote and maintain health.
Assisted Living (AL) Setting
- Evaluates clients, develops appropriate treatment goals and methods, implements the speech therapy treatment plan, and completes all related documentation and record keeping regarding these services; this includes application of therapeutic techniques in areas such as cognitive skills, communication, speech oral motor skills, dysphagia, perceptual abilities, orientation, psychosocial, and functioning.
- Coordinates the acquisition of adaptive communication devices and instructs clients in their use.
- Selects appropriate activities suited to the individual’s physical and mental capacity, intelligence level and interest.
- Consults with other members of the rehabilitation team to select the most appropriate therapeutic regimen consistent with the needs and capabilities of each client.
- Instructs client in the skills and techniques required for participation in activities and evaluates client progress, attitudes, and behavior, as related to rehabilitative potential.
- Adapts program according to the needs of individual client.
- Attends and contributes to client care, staffing and other related meetings.
- Conducts training programs and participates in training medical, nursing and other
- personnel in speech therapy techniques and objectives.
- Requisitions supplies and equipment as necessary.
- Supervises supportive personnel in accordance with state and professional standards.
- Maintains, cleans, identifies, and reports need for repair of equipment, as necessary.
- Puts customer service first: ensures that residents and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individual’s needs and rights.
- The Speech/Language Pathologist must be licensed and/or eligible for licensure as required in the state of practice.
- He/she must possess a master’s Degree in Speech/Language Pathology or related area.
- He/she must possess or be eligible for a Certificate of Clinical Competency from the American Speech/ Language/Hearing Association or be eligible to participate as a Clinical Fellow.
- He/she must be able and willing to practice Speech/Language Pathology per state guidelines.
- Must possess good organizational and time management skills.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- This Position is not Benefit Eligible.